The first thing that you will need to do is read through the following job description. Make sure that working in a supervisory position is something that you can and want to do. The next thing that you will need to do is visit an Eat’n Park restaurant and ask for an application. Try to visit the restaurant between the hours of 2 and 4 PM and pick a weekday. If you do this, the higher the probability that you will get an interview on the spot.
Assists management team by performing similar duties and objectives. Assists in maintaining established costs and quality standards to ensure proper preparation and service of food to the satisfaction of guests. Also required to perform other tasks as directed by a supervisor.
Projects a leadership image in verbal and written communications.
- Uses the restaurant daily diary to communicate with management team.
- Reads and takes appropriate action on all memos and notices.
- Assists management in keeping team members aware of any changes in policies and procedures.
- Communicates with guests and handles guest comments using service plus skills.
- Occasionally attends restaurant biweekly meetings.
Assist management in enforcing controls and systems to meet or exceed goals.
- Properly prepares all company required forms and reports (i.e cash slips, order forms, maintenance reports, etc.) as determined by general manager.
- Monitors team members clocking in and out to maintain a consistent payroll.
- Understands federal and state labor laws.
- Follows effective cash control systems as outlines in the operations manual.
- Eliminates food and supply waste by enforcing systems and polices.
- Ensures that team members are following company standards and procedures including appearance and hygiene.
- Consistently follows company policy on food quality, cleanliness, and service to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that food is served in correct portions, properly garnished, and at proper temperatures.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards in the area of food safety and sanitation.
- Follows company directive, guidelines, responsibilities, and meets all deadlines.
- Communicates feedback from guests and team members, to management, on issues concerning morale and guest satisfaction.
- Follow all Eat’ n Park guest satisfaction procedures including i-care and service imperatives.
- Responsible for maintaining daily temperature logs.
Human Resource Practices
- Adheres to company human resource policies and procedures.
- Treats team members with fairness and respect.
- Continually adheres to federal and state employment laws.
- Maintains morale on shift through a sense of urgency, professionalism, and team building.
- Cleary communicates with other members of the management team.
- Builds teamwork during shift through getting involved in operations where needed, addressing conflicts between team members quickly, consistently listening, and getting to know the team members.
- Informs team members of tasks, assignments, and expectations at the beginning of the shift.
- Sets example by acting consistently with the organizations values.
- Serves as a role model for team members by maintaining standards for appearance, dress, and attendance.
- Maintains a plan for self-development and professional growth.
Must be capable of performing job duties of each hourly position. Must demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between effectively managing people and ensuring maximum guest satisfaction. Must display strong verbal and written communication skills, project self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm. Must demonstrate high standards of professional conduct and strive to grow professionally through continuous self-development and participation. Must be trained in service plus and servsafe programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing and/or walking – 100% of time.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting up to 25 lbs.