The first thing that you will need to do is read through the following job description. Make sure that dishwashing is something that you can and want to do. The next thing that you will need to do is visit an Eat’n Park restaurant and ask for an application. Try to visit the restaurant between the hours of 2 and 4 PM and pick a weekday. If you do this, the higher the probability that you will get an interview on the spot.
Responsible for maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in the restaurant including cleaning dishes, busing tables in the dining room, maintaining restrooms, maintaining the parking lot, and other general maintenance duties as outlined in the department training guide. Team members are also required to perform other tasks as directed by a supervisor.
- Check for proper detergent, rinse agent levels, and water temperatures at the beginning and through out the shift, and follow proper procedures on running items through the dish machine.
- Correctly stack and store dishes, glasses, and flatware to avoid contamination from improper handling.
- Follow company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Maintain dish room cleanliness and a dry floor at all times.
- Keep service area and kitchen stocked with clean dishes.
- Keep guest and employee restrooms clean and stocked.
- Follow prescribed routine for bussing soiled tables with damp sanitized cloth, wiping seats with a dry cloth, and sweeping the carpet surrounding tables.
- Keep outside areas of restaurant clean including cleaning up litter, clearing walkways of debris, removing snow, changing the marquee, and other general maintenance duties.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management on products, supplies, and condition of equipment.
- Follow company attendance policy including arriving for work timely, following calling off procedures, and maintaining an acceptable attendance record.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Follow all Eat’n Park guest satisfaction procedures including i-care and service imperatives.
- Work well with others and assist fellow team members as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the job.
- Pass the Dish/Bus certification exam with a score of 90% or better.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing and/or walking – 100% of time. .
- Frequently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Working in temperatures that may exceed 90 degrees or below 30 degrees.