The first thing that you will need to do is read through the following job description. Make sure that greeting is something that you can and want to do. The next thing that you will need to do is visit an Eat’n Park restaurant and ask for an application. Try to visit the restaurant between the hours of 2 and 4 PM and pick a weekday. If you do this, the higher the probability that you will get an interview on the spot.
Responsible for ensuring guests are cordially attended to, from the time they enter our restaurant to the time they leave as outlined in the department training guide. Team members are also required to perform other tasks as directed by a supervisor.
- Acknowledge the presence of our guests IMMEDIATELY, with a friendly greeting.
- Utilize the tools provided to stay organized and seat guests according to company policy
- Present guests with a menu and suggest food items as identified by management.
- Promptly and courteously ring each check at the register; observe guest reactions to ensure we are acknowledging any problems and alert management if there is an issue that needs resolved.
- Suggest bakery products to take home and thank each guest sincerely.
- Ensure the bakery case is opened and stocked according to the schedule. Maintain the bakery case and replenish as necessary. Properly rotate and present the bakery products.
- Handle all register transactions ethically and according to Eat’ n Park policies.
- Follow company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Follow cleaning schedule as provided by management using “clean as you go” techniques.
- Follow company attendance policy including arriving for work timely, following calling off procedures, and maintaining an acceptable attendance record.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Follow all Eat’n Park guest satisfaction procedures including i-care and service imperatives.
- Work well with others and assist fellow team members as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the job.
- Pass the Greeter certification exam with a score of 90% or better.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing and/or walking – 100% of time.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting up to 20 lbs.