The first thing that you will need to do is read through the following job description. Make sure that food preparation is something that you can and want to do. The next thing that you will need to do is visit an Eat’n Park restaurant and ask for an application. Try to visit the restaurant between the hours of 2 and 4 PM and pick a weekday. If you do this, the higher the probability that you will get an interview on the spot.
Responsible for properly preparing, cooking, and storing food items that are made in advance to establish consistent yields and food quality. Team member prepares food under sanitary conditions in accordance with Eat’ n Park recipes, standards, and procedures as outlined in the department training guide. Team members are also required to perform other tasks as directed by a supervisor.
- Properly prepare and portion, quality food items following company approved recipes, specifications, and timing standards.
- Follow HACCP guidelines in preparation and re-heating of food products.
- Follow company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Complete accurate temperature cooling charts.
- Prioritize and complete daily prep sheets making sure changes are approved by management.
- Properly store, date, and rotate according to “first in, first out” standards.
- Follow proper cutting board standards to avoid cross contamination and administer allergen programs.
- Maintain an open line of communication with management on products, supplies, and condition of equipment.
- Follow cleaning schedule as provided by management using “clean as you go” techniques.
- Follow company attendance policy including arriving for work timely, following calling off procedures, and maintaining an acceptable attendance record.
- Follow the uniform dress code and maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Follow all Eat’n Park guest satisfaction procedures including i-care and service imperatives.
- Work well with others and assist fellow team members as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the job.
- Pass the Preparation certification exam with a score of 90% or better.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing and/or walking – 100% of time.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently lifting up to 25 lbs.