Check out his remaining tips to help increase the satisfaction of your employees with their job, and as a result lower recruiting costs and make your company more productive…
- Involve and Engage People may show up for work, but are they engaged and productive? People are more committed and engaged when they can contribute their ideas and suggestions. This gives them a sense of ownership.
The Sony Corporation is known for its ability to create and manufacture new and innovative products. In order to foster the exchange of ideas within departments, they sponsor an annual Idea Exposition. During the exposition, scientists and engineers display projects and ideas they are working on. Open only to Sony’s employees, this process creates a healthy climate of innovation and engages all those who participate.
- Develop Skills and Potential For most people, career opportunities are just as important as the money they make. In a study by Linkage, Inc. more than 40 percent of the respondents said they would consider leaving their present employer for another job with the same benefits if that job provided better career development and greater challenges. Skilled people will not remain in a job if they see no future in their position. To eliminate the feeling of being in a dead-end job, every position should have an individual development plan.
- Evaluate and Measure Continuous evaluation and never-ending improvement is the final step of the PRIDE system. The primary purpose of evaluation is to measure progress and determine what satisfies and de-satisfies your workforce. The evaluation process includes the measurement of attitudes, morale, turnover, and the engagement level of the workforce. Here is a checklist of items that should be included in your evaluation and measurement process.
- Conduct an employee satisfaction survey at least once a year.
- Initiate interviews and surveys concerning the real reasons people come to and leave your organization.
- Improve your hiring process to create a better match between the individual’s talents and job requirements.
- Provide flexible work arrangements for working parents and older workers.
- Hold managers responsible for retention in their departments.
- Start measuring the cost of turnover.
- Focus on the key jobs that have the greatest impact on profitability and productivity.
- Examine those departments that have the highest turnover rates.
- Design an effective employee orientation program.
See you at the Top!